The workplace in California is more heavily regulated today than ever before. As a result, employers need strategies that result in productive and cost-effective business outcomes. It is tough running a business and we strive to make it as easy as possible to keep up with California’s constantly evolving employment law. Being proactive about your business’ adherence to wage and hour laws, anti-discrimination and harassment laws and workplace regulations can save your business essential resources and prevent or limit your liability. Our team here at Hackler Flynn & Associates work closely with you and your team to provide crucial and creative guidance for your protection.
OUR EMPLOYMENT LAW SERVICES
Employment Contracts: We work with you to create well-drafted contracts for all of your employees – from part-time seasonal staff to full-time managers and c-level executives.
Employee Hire Documents: We draft arbitration agreements and class action waivers to help keep you protected should a lawsuit arise in the future.
- Time and Attendance: We help to ensure you have compliant rest and meal break policies and that you know what to do if an employee does not follow them.
- Employee Termination Documents: If you are looking to terminate an employee we walk you through the process and prepare severance agreements and liability waivers in order to keep you protected.
Paycheck Stub Review: Penalties can be steep if an employee’s paycheck stub is incorrect – we review your paycheck stubs to ensure you are in compliance with the law, including compliance with sick time and paid time off laws.
Independent Contractor Agreements: We assess whether someone can be classified as an independent contractor and if so, we will prepare an independent contractor agreement so your company is protected.
Compliance with California Employment Law as it Relates to Business Owners. We provide you with everything you need in order to remain in compliance with California’s employment regulations, including providing you with the right information for your business relating to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Audits: If you receive a letter from the EDD and aren’t sure what to do with it, we can help. The EDD tends to focus on classification of workers – whether they are truly independent contractors or whether the worker was improperly classified and should have been classified as an employee.
Labor Commissioner Complaints: If you receive a letter from the California Labor Commissioner the penalties and fines can be steep. We can help you through this process to minimize your potential liability.
- Single Plaintiff Lawsuits: We strategize with you to provide a creative and powerful defense to defeat any employment law claim that comes your way.
- Class Action Lawsuits: If you are served with a class action complaint, it’s important that you contact us as soon as possible. One single current or former employee can bring a lawsuit on behalf of other current or former employees within the company. We plan a solid strategic defense from the beginning and stand by your side to defeat any employment class action matter that arises.
Regardless of whether you are just starting a brand new company, run a ‘mom & pop’ business, or you already have a large established corporate enterprise with hundreds of locations across California, we are able to grow with you and meet your legal needs.